Focus of Study :
General English: We work to improve students’ listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills in English, and we build your knowledge of vocabulary, idioms, grammar, and structure. You will gain fluency and accuracy in your language use through guided instruction, assignments, and many communitive activities in class. The content is carefully tailored to suit individual learners’ needs.
• TOEFL Preparation: students will on their listening, speaking, reading, and writing skills, build their vocabulary, and improve their knowledge of grammar. Students will also learn different test-taking strategies and become familiar with eh parts of the test.
• Academic Preparation: As in a college-level seminar, you will listen to academic lectures, discuss topics, and make oral presentations. You will also read short articles and longer texts and then write short essays in response to them. In this program, you will build your vocabulary and learn how to structure your essays and talks to express yourself most effectively.
Benefit, Goal of this course :
To improve the students listening, reading, speaking and writing skills in English, and will build students’ knowledge of vocabulary, idioms, grammar and structure. Students will gain fluency and accuracy in their language use through guided instruction, assignments, and many communicative activities in class. Through using English to accomplish specific tasks, the students will become more comfortable and confident users of the language.
• Improve the students’ TOEFL score for entrance to college or graduate school programs in the United States.
• Academic Preparation program is for students preparing for academic studies at the college undergraduate or graduate school level.
General English is offered in 5 levels, from beginner (level 1) to advanced (level 5). The General English is offered year round with sessions beginning every Month with 20 hours per week. The program is the most comprehensive and popular course at school and enables each student’s all round skills to develop in the morning, with a particular focus on areas to improve and special interests in the afternoon. General English Course provides an all-around understanding of the language including grammar, pronunciation, vocabulary, reading, writing, listening comprehension and conversation. Course contents are presented in a carefully sequenced syllabus through extended narratives, video sequences and dialogs, reinforced by a wide variety of engaging exercises that provide the intensive practice essential for mastery. The speech lessons, designed to improve oral fluency, also reinforce grammar and vocabulary, helping students to talk about their lives and the world around them with increasing confidence. Classes cover the skills of speaking, writing, listening and reading and also the crucial elements of grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. Various levels are offered from beginner, intermediate and advanced classes. Students wishing to
pursue their studies in the US who successfully completed our highest level of English can be granted a conditional TOEFL waiver with our partner universities and colleges.Classroom sizes range from 5 to 18 students per class.
• TOEFL Preparation program is appropriate for students at the advanced level (level 5). The textbook used in the course is Delta’s Key to the TOEFL iBT: Complete Skill Practice, which also comes with an audio CD containing many hours of listening practice. Vocabulary and pronunciation texts are also recommended as supplementary materials. These courses help students to earn valuable qualifications that are proof of their level of English are accepted by universities,
colleges and employers around the world. This course provides detailed examination preparation, while also developing one’s general skills and abilities. The TOEFL exam is an important part of preparing to study at college or university. For entry to an English-speaking university or college, a high score in the TOEFL exam (Test of English as a Foreign Language) is required. This is proof of one’s ability to study academic subjects in English. These examinations are also recognized by many international employers and local US hospitals. The program gives extensive exam preparation and test taking techniques while also developing students’ general skills and abilities in English. The TOEFL exam is a vital part of preparing to study at an English speaking
university or college and is also recognized by many international employers. Class size 1-5 students.
• Academic Preparation program is for students at the upperintermediate and advanced levels (level 4 and 5). Students will listen to academic lecture, discuss topics, and make oral presentations. Students will also read short articles and longer texts and then write short essays in response to them. Students will study a core curriculum of General English, covering grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and overall skills development. In addition, they will participate in specific skills-based classes to hone their abilities in academic reading and writing, note-taking and presentation skills. Study skills necessary for successful participation in American colleges will be emphasized throughout.
• We offer morning, evening and weekend classes that start in each month.
• Visa Information: I-20 Issued upon requested
Classroom Hour :
General English 1-5: 4 weeks/80 hours; 8weeks/160 hours; 16 weeks/ 320 hours)
• Academic Preparation (Upper-Intermediate): 4 weeks/ 80 hours; 8 weeks/160 hours; 16 weeks/320 hours)
• Academic Preparation (Advanced): 4 weeks/ 80 hours; 8 weeks/160 hours; 24 weeks/ 480 hours)
• TOEFL Preparation (Advanced): 4 weeks/ 80 hours; 8 weeks/ 160 hours; 16 weeks/320 hours)
• Mon-Thursday: 9:00am-2:00pm
• Tuesday & Thursday: 4:30-10:00pm; Sat 9:00am-6pm